You may be among those who have difficulty in losing weight that is why the title of this article captured your attention. Undeniably, a lot of individuals are suffering the same experience as you do. You must have read various articles in the recent months which you think could make you shed off some pounds.
It is unfortunate to know that not all exercise routines suit different lifestyles. Also, diet pills and planned menus may not bring positive returns for everybody. There would be instances when you may not find dieting as a better option. So, how can you solve your problem then? Have you thought about colon cleansing as another choice which you can try?
Colon cleansing treatment
At one point, we fail to look at the possibility of a clogged colon as another source of gaining weight most especially on the abdominal part of our body. If you haven’t seen your physician for some time, it’s about time to pay him a visit. You can ask for a little checking on your stomach and tell him about your concerns. He is one person who can provide you with comprehensive information on colonic irrigation.
Digested food can get stuck at its supposed exit point; thus, the swollen appearance of the stomach. Just imagine how you would feel about it. Worst is as the accumulated waste stays there, the mid-portion of your body would continue to appear bloated. With this, you would get a not-so-good-to-know measurement which leaves you in an awkward situation.
Some say that colon cleansing surpasses other alternative therapies which claim to remove toxins from the intestinal tract or colon. There are two types of cleansing; the first is the rectal process and the other one involves oral regimens. The former uses a special instrument to take away particles that clog the rectum while the latter can be done using pills, herbs or dietary supplements. Laxatives are also used and may come in oral or rectal form.
People who can easily get attracted to colon hydration treatment:
- Those who are not capable of regular bowel movement
- People who have bad eating habits or used to having irregular meals
- Soda drinkers
- Individuals who have stressful jobs
- People who have foul body and mouth odor (even when practicing proper hygienic measures)
- People who are lazy to go out and do some exercise.
Knowing the cleansing process
Some varieties of colonic irrigation use tubes in injecting water, other liquids and sometimes combined with herbs. The aim is to wash out what the large bowel contains through a process that involves a great number of enemas.
Enemas come in many forms and could be in liquid form, gas, other medications or a combination of any of these. These elements are introduced to the colon or rectum through the anus. The inserted liquid or mixture are allowed to stay there for about fifteen minutes; thereafter, flushed out and repeated till the colon is cleared of any substance.
However, there are no scientific evidences that support the benefits colon cleansing advocates claim. There have been risks listed by people who have tried the process; nonetheless, others have had some positive outcomes. When using this type of cleansing it is essential to know that results can also vary just like dieting and taking on an exercise regimen. Symptoms may appear such as fatigue, headache, and irritability which can be unpleasant.
Risks associated with colon cleansing procedure
- No recorded medical value – There is barely support coming from any medical or health organization which makes it an unguaranteed measure.
- The rectum or bowel condition can be threatened – The linings of the rectum may be destroyed by the abrasive implements inserted through it.
- Enema preparations have been found to promote electrolyte imbalance and can cause a heart attack.
- Equipment that is not properly sterilized may cause infection and likewise, damage to the part where it is inserted.
- Frequent cleansing leads to enema dependence – Herbs used may take away the efficiency of some prescribed drugs.
- Not all widely advertised colon cleanses are guaranteed to promote weight loss – This is the greatest risk you have to take.
A person undergoing this method may also experience appetite loss which, to some, is believed to be the end product of rinsing off toxic substances from the body. Truth is all these uncomfortable situations were brought about by the mechanical distention. A certain study was conducted to test the efficiency of colon supplements versus fiber. The result was quite alarming—the fiber supplement proved to be more helpful!
If you are really bent on taking off some weight from your precious body, take out anything that proves toxic like smoking, carbonated drinks and alcohol. These may further stress your body. You may log your daily food intake and activity in a day or week (as long as your memory is good at remembering what you have done the previous days). This can make you decipher what activity caused stress on you or what food caused your constipation.
Losing weight using the natural colon cleansing method
There are over-the-counter oral laxatives that are beneficial in helping the body to flush out waste. Once all of it goes out of the body, there is a huge chance that the abdomen will fall back to the most ideal contours. Given enough time to exercise and consuming fiber from fruits and veggies, artificial or mechanically-induced colon cleansing may not be needed anymore.
What you can lose from your abdomen depends upon how eager you are to part with those excess pounds. Cleansing your body may lead you to lose weight but the fats may still stay behind. You can use an exercise routine which you can do while sitting, lying on the bed, or standing (that is if you are that lazy). Results that you want to achieve can come as expected if you have set your mind to your goal.
Too much concern over your figure may lead to an obsession but thinking about it in a different way may just take your mind off the obstacles that go with every dieting tip available. It is quite certain that not all diets work for the right goals the same as knowing individuals who have tried maybe a thousand times and failed.
So, you may clearly think that dieting needs to be internalized to the fullest before you can select the type you want to try for luck. Of course, this one is true; at least. Diets have to conform to your lifestyle just like the way you have to deal with any kind of exercise. If you want to gain excellent returns, then, think of these points:
Drinking water is best
Water is an important liquid we have to take in every day and this liquid gives us a chance to detoxify our body from whatever we take in during meals. Water can also serve as your shield against getting hungry almost all the time. You can get a feeling of being full once you take in more and more water before, during, after and even in between meals.
You can take in cold water to make your body work harder by warming it up down your system. This process makes you burn more calories. During an exercise routine, hydrating with it helps build hormones that help your body to develop muscles.
Know which foods are good for you
You don’t really need to stay away from food; all you need is to curb your appetite each time you see food displayed in front of you. Fastfood stuffs can definitely blow the weighing scale away, so, you have to remind yourself not to skip breakfast. This is a very important meal. You will tend to eat more during lunch to cover up for the missed breakfast.
Stay away from too much carbs and excessive use of condiments. Condiments can make you crave for more as food flavor is enhanced. The following are good examples of food just perfect for you:
- Apples – Eating an apple before mealtime makes you feel full. It can also help you battle the metabolic syndrome.
- Pomegranate – Rich in antioxidants, folate and fiber but low in calories.
- Buckwheat pasta – A healthy alternative for the regular types.
- Kale – Contains Iron, calcium and fiber.
- Lentils – Prevents insulin spikes which cause the body to store excess fats on the abdominal area.
- Blueberries – Delivers a good amount of fiber and gives the highest level of antioxidants compared to other fruits.
- Steak –This is a good source of protein. Get the organic ones.
Learn to control portions
Never indulge as if there’s no food reserved for you eat tomorrow. It is true that a person does not live by bread alone but you can also eat some meat and try to avoid foods that will make you fat in one sitting. Be mindful on your calorie intake for each meal and know what alternative food you can eat on behalf of those that have high calorie count.
You may eat more than your target calorie intake in one meal but you can take lesser portions on the next. What is important is to get the right nutrition in a day. If done regularly, who needs another diet regimen?
Get enough (not just a few hours) sleep
Sleep deprivation leads more food intake. There’s this notion that when we lack sleep, we need to revitalize ourselves by eating more; more so, if we are doing something important that can’t put up for the next day. Get yourself to sleep to revitalize the body. The more we do, the more we can stay away from splurging on food. Celebrities and doctors have used this therapy all along. Imagine consuming more than 300 calories if your body is not rested!
Spend lesser time watching TV
TV time during weekends or before going to sleep is relaxing time for many of us. But it can be noted that the more we watch TV shows, the more we crave for food as we see food advertisements. The tendency to call for food delivery service is a tested and proven threat when a person is trying his best to lose weight. With this, you may remind yourself to hold on and be good as you are still going to feed yourself with a treat the following day.
Choose antioxidant drinks over soda
Drinks that contain antioxidants may be a good answer to your weight problem. This is a good reason why many individuals have found relief in drinking green tea. This type of tea boosts metabolism which is good for weight loss. Just avoid other drinks that contain a good amount of sugar as it will not give you a positive result. You may try fresh juices at home but limit your intake as well. Anything to the excess may still hurt you. Fruits also contain sugar that can turn into starch.
Go with friends who have the same goals as you do
We know that you got a lot of friends with whom you go out with from time to time. It is advisable, however, that you go with the ones who are on the same mode as you are in—planning on losing weight. At this point, you cannot afford to bond with people with varied interests as you may opt to try what they are trying or do what they are doing. Decide on a time when meeting up and please don’t choose a place which can make you drool.
Make it a habit to exercise regularly
Don’t forget to encourage yourself to exercise even a bit. Just a few minutes will do some wonders for you as long as it is done on a regular basis. Opt for something that can trim your waistline or shed some pounds off the limbs. While you are on the process, the rest of the body may trim down as well.
Not all diet plans are acceptable to everybody after a few weeks of dieting; thus, creating an objectionable attitude towards the ‘challenge’ itself. Anything that comes from the mind is what the rest of the body follows and it goes to show that positive changes which come from within may be the best diet plan to undertake.
Now it can be told that no two fitness clubs are the same but some of them may wear masks that can trick gym enthusiasts to believe that they are tops in almost anything at all! Good news is you can learn to determine which one fits you to a tee!
But before you start searching for the most appropriate fitness venue, you have to know a lot of things and consider some points. It is imperative that you have an idea on how fit you are physically, emotionally and mentally. Why the importance? You should be ready for the real stuff. There has to be a thorough assessment on your level of capacity before undergoing your aim.
You must not have any medical condition that can be aggravated by certain forms of exercises or routines. This is no longer a DVD you are playing; exercise have to be done with other people present on the fitness center you have registered at. Your blood pressure may surge up once the speed is too much for you. Therefore, reserve ample time for you to check first with your physician if you are fit enough to undergo any physical exercise.
A fitness that you take quite interest in is easier to undertake than that of an unfamiliar one. There may be a few who may want to explore newer workout routines but chances are their level of enthusiasm may die down once what they have chosen proves to be too strenuous to undertake. To counter this, you can ask some friends to enroll on the same program so can enjoy the routines together.
Checking your mental attitude comes next. This is where you will know if you are really bent on continuing the program. Being busy with work or family may enable you to skip a couple of days or more to attend to some concerns. Now, this could make or break the habit or your schedule at the gym. As all programs have target dates for accomplishments, you may be able to catch up with the flow. You may ask for some advice from your trainer before skipping for a few days.
Another essential trait you must have is perseverance. Making this as another line of defense against laziness to perform exercises can make you surpass the obstacles that may appear before realizing your dream. Zeroing in on your target exercise venue would not be that hard anymore once you have completed checking on yourself.
Now, let us go to the meatier part which is locating the place where you can get a new body. Take these down and always remember that you have to know where your money is going and how fruitful your experience will become.
- Location – Be sure that the best choice is located near your home or office to cut down on travel time. Accessibility makes it easier for you to follow on through your program. This eliminates laziness and gets you right on track all the time.
- Facilities – Facilities have to be updated. Outdated equipment may be obsolete and ineffective for your training. You have to remember that the smell of rust is not good for you and the icky feeling of holding old equipment can make you uncomfortable as well.
- Programs – Inquire about an effective program which will work best for you. Make it a priority to ask before you enroll as you might regret not undergoing a regimen that fits your lifestyle. Programs are designed for particular types of bodies but you can ask to get a customized one made just for you.
- Qualifications – Look at qualifications carefully and don’t miss asking for certifications from fitness instructors working on the venue. Chances are some of them may not be qualified to teach clients or may not have passed tests given by proper fitness organizations.
- Class schedule – It is of high importance to ask regarding schedules. The program that you want to enroll in may not be available during your free time at home or after you are done with work.
- Fees – Ask how much you are going to spend for registration. Shelling out money from your purse just to look better can be expensive. Remember: good fitness gyms charge higher than those that are shabby and crowded.
- Overall appearance – One glance at a fitness center can make you assess the kind of environment it has. Are the restrooms clean? Are the floors maintained? Do the carpets smell fresh? If the answer is yes to all these questions, then, you might have found a pleasant venue.
Here are two questions you still have to answer:
1. What other services can it offer?
One good way to get a more rewarding experience from your chosen exercise venue is looking for some extras. It could come from good management, it may be from the kind of treatment you get from your trainer; or you may see it through the completeness in their staffing.
As all of them must come with the right certification, there has to be licensed medical personnel who can see through their clients’ nutrition goals and medical issues.
Expect the presence of these people:
- Registered dietician
- Weight management counselors
- Massage therapists
2. What makes it unique?
As there are really unique fitness centers, use your meticulous eye and look around you. You may either see it in their equipment or you may feel it by just talking to their personnel. What makes a fitness center unique sometimes is not seen but felt. It could be the way trainers manage their clients or how they handle situations involving clients and their chosen program.
Selecting the best out of your shortlisted centers would come easy once you have carefully thought of all of these points. It just looks like you’ve gone out window shopping. Don’t make a rush decision just because more friends are enrolled at another venue. Take time in reviewing each of them and you’ll come out with the best choice.
Is it possible that some online health gurus are not practicing what they preach? This question might have bothered you at times but never did take the chance of asking a friend about it. While there are people who glorify fitness writers, there appears to be several who are not impressed at all.
Nobody sees them as they write their blogs unless they create videos complete with details like date and time they recorded a particular routine. Liberally, you could think of them as individuals who have fat bellies and just writing blogs for the sake of earning!
This goes to show that majority of those interested in losing weight or building muscles are more into visiting fitness centers rather than reading blogs found to be more theoretical than real. This could be a daunting situation most especially when you are in dire need to slash off some weight.
To find out what they are made of, researching is the best way to prove that the spreading rumors are wrong. You can get highly credible information anytime or better yet, look for listings of establishments which offer fitness programs. These places might just give you some hints.
Where you can find facts:
- Fitness centers – This is a place where you can see fitness gurus, exercise implements and actual people who practice fit lifestyles. There are skilled personnel who can guide you to achieve your goal.
- Fitness eBooks – These books may provide you insights on what to expect in a fitness program or a fitness gym. Images of ideal exercise centers are displayed to give you an idea which does not fit you or what is best for your type of lifestyle.
- Fitness trainers – Certified trainers can teach you the right things to do and what practices to avoid. These licensed individuals were trained to deliver positive results to their clients.
- Fitness videos – Here you will see how exercise regimens are done. With an able instructor in front of you teaching a procedure step-by-step, answers to your plea for training and fitness may be just what you will get.
Here are the 10 vital characteristics required of fitness trainers:
1. Ability to differentiate age brackets: There is always a target audience in everything that is presented. Without it, no good outcome may result. Age levels vary as well as the capacity to do follow routines. A wise trainer knows which type of people can use the treadmill or who can tackle exercising for weeks.
2. Knowing how to motivate: A good trainer knows how to create a reason for a client to get on to his aim. He knows how to appreciate what he does and that is a big factor in further motivating him to exert more effort.
3. Able to present an environment: Any place can become an ideal fitness environment if the trainer is good at presenting it. It can also be at home or in parks as long as the ambiance is favorable to the learner. A real trainer can help you focus on what needs to be done and not on other things seen in either background or foreground.
4. Knows the relevance of trust: Trust is an important factor when it comes to trainer-learner relationship. Once sincerity is seen on the person teaching you how to do things, the rest of the program would be easier to handle.
5. Owns a well-organized system: A systematic kind of person can only teach in a systematic way. An excellent trainer knows which routine goes first and not capable of directing exercise enthusiasts to step 5 and going back to step 3 just because he forgot passing through it.
6. Certified to teach: There has to be a skill in teaching fitness. Therefore, ask for a certificate or proof of skills training or else, forget about exercise as you have to undergo another therapy to treat your strained muscles. Be sure that where they came from is accredited by NCCA.
7. Employs two-way communication: Communication is a two way street; expect an exchange of ideas before, during or after with your trainer. This is where he will find out if you have any difficulties in your regimen.
8. Must have years of experience to his name: Experience can teach us well and good. Find an instructor who has been on the job for several years. This is your guarantee that you are in good hands.
9. Knowledgeable in dealing with emergency cases: There are trainers who are more than capable to resolve emergency situations while on the job. Search for one who knows how to perform CPR if you have a medical condition.
10. More than just a trainer: A trainer knows how to build relationships. Good public relations practiced by an exercise guru can only mean more clients to his name. Moreover, there are some who treat their client as a friend which can be a start of good rapport.
Highlighting the significance of a lasting impression
What you can see at first glance may not leave your mind anymore. The impression that you can get out of your fitness trainer may influence your decision. This has caused some people to back out from their gym enrollment as they don’t see their trainer as a fit example of a fitness expert.
Practicing what is being preached is a sure come-on for other individuals interested in shedding off pounds or building muscles. If you see a trainer smoking, eating extravagantly or manhandling a gym patron, you may want to ask yourself if this person is whom you have paid to teach you healthy habits and routines.