Now it can be told that no two fitness clubs are the same but some of them may wear masks that can trick gym enthusiasts to believe that they are tops in almost anything at all! Good news is you can learn to determine which one fits you to a tee!
But before you start searching for the most appropriate fitness venue, you have to know a lot of things and consider some points. It is imperative that you have an idea on how fit you are physically, emotionally and mentally. Why the importance? You should be ready for the real stuff. There has to be a thorough assessment on your level of capacity before undergoing your aim.
You must not have any medical condition that can be aggravated by certain forms of exercises or routines. This is no longer a DVD you are playing; exercise have to be done with other people present on the fitness center you have registered at. Your blood pressure may surge up once the speed is too much for you. Therefore, reserve ample time for you to check first with your physician if you are fit enough to undergo any physical exercise.
A fitness that you take quite interest in is easier to undertake than that of an unfamiliar one. There may be a few who may want to explore newer workout routines but chances are their level of enthusiasm may die down once what they have chosen proves to be too strenuous to undertake. To counter this, you can ask some friends to enroll on the same program so can enjoy the routines together.
Checking your mental attitude comes next. This is where you will know if you are really bent on continuing the program. Being busy with work or family may enable you to skip a couple of days or more to attend to some concerns. Now, this could make or break the habit or your schedule at the gym. As all programs have target dates for accomplishments, you may be able to catch up with the flow. You may ask for some advice from your trainer before skipping for a few days.
Another essential trait you must have is perseverance. Making this as another line of defense against laziness to perform exercises can make you surpass the obstacles that may appear before realizing your dream. Zeroing in on your target exercise venue would not be that hard anymore once you have completed checking on yourself.
Now, let us go to the meatier part which is locating the place where you can get a new body. Take these down and always remember that you have to know where your money is going and how fruitful your experience will become.
- Location – Be sure that the best choice is located near your home or office to cut down on travel time. Accessibility makes it easier for you to follow on through your program. This eliminates laziness and gets you right on track all the time.
- Facilities – Facilities have to be updated. Outdated equipment may be obsolete and ineffective for your training. You have to remember that the smell of rust is not good for you and the icky feeling of holding old equipment can make you uncomfortable as well.
- Programs – Inquire about an effective program which will work best for you. Make it a priority to ask before you enroll as you might regret not undergoing a regimen that fits your lifestyle. Programs are designed for particular types of bodies but you can ask to get a customized one made just for you.
- Qualifications – Look at qualifications carefully and don’t miss asking for certifications from fitness instructors working on the venue. Chances are some of them may not be qualified to teach clients or may not have passed tests given by proper fitness organizations.
- Class schedule – It is of high importance to ask regarding schedules. The program that you want to enroll in may not be available during your free time at home or after you are done with work.
- Fees – Ask how much you are going to spend for registration. Shelling out money from your purse just to look better can be expensive. Remember: good fitness gyms charge higher than those that are shabby and crowded.
- Overall appearance – One glance at a fitness center can make you assess the kind of environment it has. Are the restrooms clean? Are the floors maintained? Do the carpets smell fresh? If the answer is yes to all these questions, then, you might have found a pleasant venue.
Here are two questions you still have to answer:
1. What other services can it offer?
One good way to get a more rewarding experience from your chosen exercise venue is looking for some extras. It could come from good management, it may be from the kind of treatment you get from your trainer; or you may see it through the completeness in their staffing.
As all of them must come with the right certification, there has to be licensed medical personnel who can see through their clients’ nutrition goals and medical issues.
Expect the presence of these people:
- Registered dietician
- Weight management counselors
- Massage therapists
2. What makes it unique?
As there are really unique fitness centers, use your meticulous eye and look around you. You may either see it in their equipment or you may feel it by just talking to their personnel. What makes a fitness center unique sometimes is not seen but felt. It could be the way trainers manage their clients or how they handle situations involving clients and their chosen program.
Selecting the best out of your shortlisted centers would come easy once you have carefully thought of all of these points. It just looks like you’ve gone out window shopping. Don’t make a rush decision just because more friends are enrolled at another venue. Take time in reviewing each of them and you’ll come out with the best choice.
Is it possible that some online health gurus are not practicing what they preach? This question might have bothered you at times but never did take the chance of asking a friend about it. While there are people who glorify fitness writers, there appears to be several who are not impressed at all.
Nobody sees them as they write their blogs unless they create videos complete with details like date and time they recorded a particular routine. Liberally, you could think of them as individuals who have fat bellies and just writing blogs for the sake of earning!
This goes to show that majority of those interested in losing weight or building muscles are more into visiting fitness centers rather than reading blogs found to be more theoretical than real. This could be a daunting situation most especially when you are in dire need to slash off some weight.
To find out what they are made of, researching is the best way to prove that the spreading rumors are wrong. You can get highly credible information anytime or better yet, look for listings of establishments which offer fitness programs. These places might just give you some hints.
Where you can find facts:
- Fitness centers – This is a place where you can see fitness gurus, exercise implements and actual people who practice fit lifestyles. There are skilled personnel who can guide you to achieve your goal.
- Fitness eBooks – These books may provide you insights on what to expect in a fitness program or a fitness gym. Images of ideal exercise centers are displayed to give you an idea which does not fit you or what is best for your type of lifestyle.
- Fitness trainers – Certified trainers can teach you the right things to do and what practices to avoid. These licensed individuals were trained to deliver positive results to their clients.
- Fitness videos – Here you will see how exercise regimens are done. With an able instructor in front of you teaching a procedure step-by-step, answers to your plea for training and fitness may be just what you will get.
Here are the 10 vital characteristics required of fitness trainers:
1. Ability to differentiate age brackets: There is always a target audience in everything that is presented. Without it, no good outcome may result. Age levels vary as well as the capacity to do follow routines. A wise trainer knows which type of people can use the treadmill or who can tackle exercising for weeks.
2. Knowing how to motivate: A good trainer knows how to create a reason for a client to get on to his aim. He knows how to appreciate what he does and that is a big factor in further motivating him to exert more effort.
3. Able to present an environment: Any place can become an ideal fitness environment if the trainer is good at presenting it. It can also be at home or in parks as long as the ambiance is favorable to the learner. A real trainer can help you focus on what needs to be done and not on other things seen in either background or foreground.
4. Knows the relevance of trust: Trust is an important factor when it comes to trainer-learner relationship. Once sincerity is seen on the person teaching you how to do things, the rest of the program would be easier to handle.
5. Owns a well-organized system: A systematic kind of person can only teach in a systematic way. An excellent trainer knows which routine goes first and not capable of directing exercise enthusiasts to step 5 and going back to step 3 just because he forgot passing through it.
6. Certified to teach: There has to be a skill in teaching fitness. Therefore, ask for a certificate or proof of skills training or else, forget about exercise as you have to undergo another therapy to treat your strained muscles. Be sure that where they came from is accredited by NCCA.
7. Employs two-way communication: Communication is a two way street; expect an exchange of ideas before, during or after with your trainer. This is where he will find out if you have any difficulties in your regimen.
8. Must have years of experience to his name: Experience can teach us well and good. Find an instructor who has been on the job for several years. This is your guarantee that you are in good hands.
9. Knowledgeable in dealing with emergency cases: There are trainers who are more than capable to resolve emergency situations while on the job. Search for one who knows how to perform CPR if you have a medical condition.
10. More than just a trainer: A trainer knows how to build relationships. Good public relations practiced by an exercise guru can only mean more clients to his name. Moreover, there are some who treat their client as a friend which can be a start of good rapport.
Highlighting the significance of a lasting impression
What you can see at first glance may not leave your mind anymore. The impression that you can get out of your fitness trainer may influence your decision. This has caused some people to back out from their gym enrollment as they don’t see their trainer as a fit example of a fitness expert.
Practicing what is being preached is a sure come-on for other individuals interested in shedding off pounds or building muscles. If you see a trainer smoking, eating extravagantly or manhandling a gym patron, you may want to ask yourself if this person is whom you have paid to teach you healthy habits and routines.
Fat Busting Exercises to help you lose weight in 2014
Obesity is considered one of the leading causes of death in many countries especially the United States. Obesity is defined as a condition where the body accumulates enough fat to be considered a health risk. Almost half a million people lose their lives in the United States due to obesity-related complications. Obesity is measured using what is known as the Body Mass Index which is a measure of one’s weight in relation to their age and height. A BMI of 25 or more is considered overweight.
Many people become overweight because of a number of factors. One of them is indulgence in high fat foods, especially fast foods. Another factor is cooking with high calorie fats. Many people nowadays fry their foods and also frequent fast foods on a regular basis. Fast food restaurants are the major culprits when it comes to high calorie diets. Then we live in a society that puts too much pressure on its citizens and people are so pressed for time they do not have to cook and eat healthy diets or even exercise.
It is also true that some people are overweight because of a genetic issue with their bodies that causes it to accumulate more fat than it needs. If these same people indulge in the lifestyles we have mentioned above, they have a very high chance to becoming obese.
But how can one fight fat and develop a lean body in the year 2014? The first step is exercise. Excess body fat is attained when the body accumulates more fat than it burns. So exercise helps a great deal.
- One of the exercises is walking. People must develop the habit of walking especially if they need to go short distances.
- Running is also one way of cutting down on excess fat.
- Long distance
- Simple exercise.
- One need not join a gym to start simple exercises even at home.
Discipline is required in order to get this done. When we talk of discipline, we mean that one has to develop a program or routine and stick with it. This is where we lose many people because most people do not have enough time to devote to weight loss exercises.
In order to develop discipline, one may need an accountability partner. This may involve joining a weight loss club where there are others who are trying to achieve the same goal. If you have money to spare, then hiring personal trainers is one of the best investments you can ever make. This is because they trainer, who is usually someone who is well versed with all the procedures and disciplines of losing weight, will keep you on your toes and ensure that you achieve your goal.
Another great exercise that you can engage in that helps in defeating fat accumulation is swimming. If you have a free pool in your neighborhood, use it. Swimming is one of those rare exercises that incorporates all the muscles of the body at the same time.