Is it possible that some online health gurus are not practicing what they preach? This question might have bothered you at times but never did take the chance of asking a friend about it. While there are people who glorify fitness writers, there appears to be several who are not impressed at all.
Nobody sees them as they write their blogs unless they create videos complete with details like date and time they recorded a particular routine. Liberally, you could think of them as individuals who have fat bellies and just writing blogs for the sake of earning!
This goes to show that majority of those interested in losing weight or building muscles are more into visiting fitness centers rather than reading blogs found to be more theoretical than real. This could be a daunting situation most especially when you are in dire need to slash off some weight.
To find out what they are made of, researching is the best way to prove that the spreading rumors are wrong. You can get highly credible information anytime or better yet, look for listings of establishments which offer fitness programs. These places might just give you some hints.
Where you can find facts:
- Fitness centers – This is a place where you can see fitness gurus, exercise implements and actual people who practice fit lifestyles. There are skilled personnel who can guide you to achieve your goal.
- Fitness eBooks – These books may provide you insights on what to expect in a fitness program or a fitness gym. Images of ideal exercise centers are displayed to give you an idea which does not fit you or what is best for your type of lifestyle.
- Fitness trainers – Certified trainers can teach you the right things to do and what practices to avoid. These licensed individuals were trained to deliver positive results to their clients.
- Fitness videos – Here you will see how exercise regimens are done. With an able instructor in front of you teaching a procedure step-by-step, answers to your plea for training and fitness may be just what you will get.
Here are the 10 vital characteristics required of fitness trainers:
1. Ability to differentiate age brackets: There is always a target audience in everything that is presented. Without it, no good outcome may result. Age levels vary as well as the capacity to do follow routines. A wise trainer knows which type of people can use the treadmill or who can tackle exercising for weeks.
2. Knowing how to motivate: A good trainer knows how to create a reason for a client to get on to his aim. He knows how to appreciate what he does and that is a big factor in further motivating him to exert more effort.
3. Able to present an environment: Any place can become an ideal fitness environment if the trainer is good at presenting it. It can also be at home or in parks as long as the ambiance is favorable to the learner. A real trainer can help you focus on what needs to be done and not on other things seen in either background or foreground.
4. Knows the relevance of trust: Trust is an important factor when it comes to trainer-learner relationship. Once sincerity is seen on the person teaching you how to do things, the rest of the program would be easier to handle.
5. Owns a well-organized system: A systematic kind of person can only teach in a systematic way. An excellent trainer knows which routine goes first and not capable of directing exercise enthusiasts to step 5 and going back to step 3 just because he forgot passing through it.
6. Certified to teach: There has to be a skill in teaching fitness. Therefore, ask for a certificate or proof of skills training or else, forget about exercise as you have to undergo another therapy to treat your strained muscles. Be sure that where they came from is accredited by NCCA.
7. Employs two-way communication: Communication is a two way street; expect an exchange of ideas before, during or after with your trainer. This is where he will find out if you have any difficulties in your regimen.
8. Must have years of experience to his name: Experience can teach us well and good. Find an instructor who has been on the job for several years. This is your guarantee that you are in good hands.
9. Knowledgeable in dealing with emergency cases: There are trainers who are more than capable to resolve emergency situations while on the job. Search for one who knows how to perform CPR if you have a medical condition.
10. More than just a trainer: A trainer knows how to build relationships. Good public relations practiced by an exercise guru can only mean more clients to his name. Moreover, there are some who treat their client as a friend which can be a start of good rapport.
Highlighting the significance of a lasting impression
What you can see at first glance may not leave your mind anymore. The impression that you can get out of your fitness trainer may influence your decision. This has caused some people to back out from their gym enrollment as they don’t see their trainer as a fit example of a fitness expert.
Practicing what is being preached is a sure come-on for other individuals interested in shedding off pounds or building muscles. If you see a trainer smoking, eating extravagantly or manhandling a gym patron, you may want to ask yourself if this person is whom you have paid to teach you healthy habits and routines.