You may be among those who have difficulty in losing weight that is why the title of this article captured your attention. Undeniably, a lot of individuals are suffering the same experience as you do. You must have read various articles in the recent months which you think could make you shed off some pounds.
It is unfortunate to know that not all exercise routines suit different lifestyles. Also, diet pills and planned menus may not bring positive returns for everybody. There would be instances when you may not find dieting as a better option. So, how can you solve your problem then? Have you thought about colon cleansing as another choice which you can try?
Colon cleansing treatment
At one point, we fail to look at the possibility of a clogged colon as another source of gaining weight most especially on the abdominal part of our body. If you haven’t seen your physician for some time, it’s about time to pay him a visit. You can ask for a little checking on your stomach and tell him about your concerns. He is one person who can provide you with comprehensive information on colonic irrigation.
Digested food can get stuck at its supposed exit point; thus, the swollen appearance of the stomach. Just imagine how you would feel about it. Worst is as the accumulated waste stays there, the mid-portion of your body would continue to appear bloated. With this, you would get a not-so-good-to-know measurement which leaves you in an awkward situation.
Some say that colon cleansing surpasses other alternative therapies which claim to remove toxins from the intestinal tract or colon. There are two types of cleansing; the first is the rectal process and the other one involves oral regimens. The former uses a special instrument to take away particles that clog the rectum while the latter can be done using pills, herbs or dietary supplements. Laxatives are also used and may come in oral or rectal form.
People who can easily get attracted to colon hydration treatment:
- Those who are not capable of regular bowel movement
- People who have bad eating habits or used to having irregular meals
- Soda drinkers
- Individuals who have stressful jobs
- People who have foul body and mouth odor (even when practicing proper hygienic measures)
- People who are lazy to go out and do some exercise.
Knowing the cleansing process
Some varieties of colonic irrigation use tubes in injecting water, other liquids and sometimes combined with herbs. The aim is to wash out what the large bowel contains through a process that involves a great number of enemas.
Enemas come in many forms and could be in liquid form, gas, other medications or a combination of any of these. These elements are introduced to the colon or rectum through the anus. The inserted liquid or mixture are allowed to stay there for about fifteen minutes; thereafter, flushed out and repeated till the colon is cleared of any substance.
However, there are no scientific evidences that support the benefits colon cleansing advocates claim. There have been risks listed by people who have tried the process; nonetheless, others have had some positive outcomes. When using this type of cleansing it is essential to know that results can also vary just like dieting and taking on an exercise regimen. Symptoms may appear such as fatigue, headache, and irritability which can be unpleasant.
Risks associated with colon cleansing procedure
- No recorded medical value – There is barely support coming from any medical or health organization which makes it an unguaranteed measure.
- The rectum or bowel condition can be threatened – The linings of the rectum may be destroyed by the abrasive implements inserted through it.
- Enema preparations have been found to promote electrolyte imbalance and can cause a heart attack.
- Equipment that is not properly sterilized may cause infection and likewise, damage to the part where it is inserted.
- Frequent cleansing leads to enema dependence – Herbs used may take away the efficiency of some prescribed drugs.
- Not all widely advertised colon cleanses are guaranteed to promote weight loss – This is the greatest risk you have to take.
A person undergoing this method may also experience appetite loss which, to some, is believed to be the end product of rinsing off toxic substances from the body. Truth is all these uncomfortable situations were brought about by the mechanical distention. A certain study was conducted to test the efficiency of colon supplements versus fiber. The result was quite alarming—the fiber supplement proved to be more helpful!
If you are really bent on taking off some weight from your precious body, take out anything that proves toxic like smoking, carbonated drinks and alcohol. These may further stress your body. You may log your daily food intake and activity in a day or week (as long as your memory is good at remembering what you have done the previous days). This can make you decipher what activity caused stress on you or what food caused your constipation.
Losing weight using the natural colon cleansing method
There are over-the-counter oral laxatives that are beneficial in helping the body to flush out waste. Once all of it goes out of the body, there is a huge chance that the abdomen will fall back to the most ideal contours. Given enough time to exercise and consuming fiber from fruits and veggies, artificial or mechanically-induced colon cleansing may not be needed anymore.
What you can lose from your abdomen depends upon how eager you are to part with those excess pounds. Cleansing your body may lead you to lose weight but the fats may still stay behind. You can use an exercise routine which you can do while sitting, lying on the bed, or standing (that is if you are that lazy). Results that you want to achieve can come as expected if you have set your mind to your goal.
Too much concern over your figure may lead to an obsession but thinking about it in a different way may just take your mind off the obstacles that go with every dieting tip available. It is quite certain that not all diets work for the right goals the same as knowing individuals who have tried maybe a thousand times and failed.
So, you may clearly think that dieting needs to be internalized to the fullest before you can select the type you want to try for luck. Of course, this one is true; at least. Diets have to conform to your lifestyle just like the way you have to deal with any kind of exercise. If you want to gain excellent returns, then, think of these points:
Drinking water is best
Water is an important liquid we have to take in every day and this liquid gives us a chance to detoxify our body from whatever we take in during meals. Water can also serve as your shield against getting hungry almost all the time. You can get a feeling of being full once you take in more and more water before, during, after and even in between meals.
You can take in cold water to make your body work harder by warming it up down your system. This process makes you burn more calories. During an exercise routine, hydrating with it helps build hormones that help your body to develop muscles.
Know which foods are good for you
You don’t really need to stay away from food; all you need is to curb your appetite each time you see food displayed in front of you. Fastfood stuffs can definitely blow the weighing scale away, so, you have to remind yourself not to skip breakfast. This is a very important meal. You will tend to eat more during lunch to cover up for the missed breakfast.
Stay away from too much carbs and excessive use of condiments. Condiments can make you crave for more as food flavor is enhanced. The following are good examples of food just perfect for you:
- Apples – Eating an apple before mealtime makes you feel full. It can also help you battle the metabolic syndrome.
- Pomegranate – Rich in antioxidants, folate and fiber but low in calories.
- Buckwheat pasta – A healthy alternative for the regular types.
- Kale – Contains Iron, calcium and fiber.
- Lentils – Prevents insulin spikes which cause the body to store excess fats on the abdominal area.
- Blueberries – Delivers a good amount of fiber and gives the highest level of antioxidants compared to other fruits.
- Steak –This is a good source of protein. Get the organic ones.
Learn to control portions
Never indulge as if there’s no food reserved for you eat tomorrow. It is true that a person does not live by bread alone but you can also eat some meat and try to avoid foods that will make you fat in one sitting. Be mindful on your calorie intake for each meal and know what alternative food you can eat on behalf of those that have high calorie count.
You may eat more than your target calorie intake in one meal but you can take lesser portions on the next. What is important is to get the right nutrition in a day. If done regularly, who needs another diet regimen?
Get enough (not just a few hours) sleep
Sleep deprivation leads more food intake. There’s this notion that when we lack sleep, we need to revitalize ourselves by eating more; more so, if we are doing something important that can’t put up for the next day. Get yourself to sleep to revitalize the body. The more we do, the more we can stay away from splurging on food. Celebrities and doctors have used this therapy all along. Imagine consuming more than 300 calories if your body is not rested!
Spend lesser time watching TV
TV time during weekends or before going to sleep is relaxing time for many of us. But it can be noted that the more we watch TV shows, the more we crave for food as we see food advertisements. The tendency to call for food delivery service is a tested and proven threat when a person is trying his best to lose weight. With this, you may remind yourself to hold on and be good as you are still going to feed yourself with a treat the following day.
Choose antioxidant drinks over soda
Drinks that contain antioxidants may be a good answer to your weight problem. This is a good reason why many individuals have found relief in drinking green tea. This type of tea boosts metabolism which is good for weight loss. Just avoid other drinks that contain a good amount of sugar as it will not give you a positive result. You may try fresh juices at home but limit your intake as well. Anything to the excess may still hurt you. Fruits also contain sugar that can turn into starch.
Go with friends who have the same goals as you do
We know that you got a lot of friends with whom you go out with from time to time. It is advisable, however, that you go with the ones who are on the same mode as you are in—planning on losing weight. At this point, you cannot afford to bond with people with varied interests as you may opt to try what they are trying or do what they are doing. Decide on a time when meeting up and please don’t choose a place which can make you drool.
Make it a habit to exercise regularly
Don’t forget to encourage yourself to exercise even a bit. Just a few minutes will do some wonders for you as long as it is done on a regular basis. Opt for something that can trim your waistline or shed some pounds off the limbs. While you are on the process, the rest of the body may trim down as well.
Not all diet plans are acceptable to everybody after a few weeks of dieting; thus, creating an objectionable attitude towards the ‘challenge’ itself. Anything that comes from the mind is what the rest of the body follows and it goes to show that positive changes which come from within may be the best diet plan to undertake.
Beating the bulge
What scares women is the thought that after a few years of being married they’ll look horrible and funny using wardrobe in sizes they never imagined wearing. Yes, we’re talking about the surge of the belly bulge and this thing is true!
As we now live in a world that has various answers to problems such as this, what remains is the way individuals deal with the situation they are in. Some of them may undergo fitness regimens and become successful in some ways. Nevertheless, if some come out in flying colors, sustaining the goal can be hard for others.
Causes of fat storage on the belly
Upon seeing your bulging waistline, you may want to search your inner self to find the root cause of the waistline gain. Don’t try to think of any other reasons as a lot of studies have proven the following as among the top 5 causes of visceral fat accumulation.
- Slow metabolism – This is genetic but in some cases, it results from having had undergone surgery or some form of illness. People who are into some kind of medical condition cannot just move fast or go into routines on a regular basis.
- Lazy habits – Ordering food from a fastfood chain is easy and fast as well as an enormous amount of calories your body will consume. People who are not into moving around a lot may discover that they would no longer fit in their jeans.
- Depression – This feeling causes individuals to eat a lot of food. It’s more of a tendency to feed the body to take the mind off unpleasant experiences. Depression leads to an almost eternal munching spree.
- Stress – There is a wrong connotation that eating eases up stressful situations. Massive food intake is not an answer to lack of sleep and this is apparently done by those who are in this emotional condition.
- Alcohol – Bingeing on liquor in every “thinkable” instance is not a good idea. Beer, for one, can stuff the belly with fats; not to mention the food that is taken on the side while drinking. So, it is not wise to create an occasion out of anything at all.
Creating a checklist
Before anything else is undertaken, ask yourself the type of person you are. Do you stay out late at night? Night outs cannot be avoided if you live alone and if you are a night owl. This is an opportunity to get a taste of liquor once too often.
Do you have a medical condition? If you have an illness, you must ask guidance from a physician for you to get ahead with your plans. Not all diets and exercises are good for everybody.
Visceral fat, another term for belly fat, is heavily associated to metabolic disturbances and increases chances of acquiring cardiovascular diseases or type 2 Diabetes. For some women, it is linked to breast cancer or a need for gall bladder surgery.
How do you feel towards food? How many meals can you consume in a day? If you have a penchant for snacks, midnight “short meals” and cannot go on without chewing anything, you can’t expect to get over with your physical issue.
7 Noteworthy measures to think about
- Dancing: Regular dance lessons may take off unwanted bulges. Ballet is an example but not everybody is privileged to learn this; more so, age matters a great deal. Latin dances and Zumba are perfect dance routines which can trim you down fast.
- Exercise: Effective exercise routines are taught by fitness gurus. You only have to fix your weekly activities to make something fit in your schedule. You can also watch some DVDs at home if you don’t feel like travelling to a venue.
- Yoga: Mind and body discipline which is the main thrust of yoga helps a lot to curb appetite. This almost stationary routine helps in balancing the will of the mind and cravings of the body.
- Meditation: Some people who are into meditation are known to be experts at taking control of themselves; most especially cravings towards excessive eating. They believe that a hungry soul needs more food intake than the otherwise.
- Extreme sports: This type of hobby takes you to the highest levels. The speed and high level of physical exertion is what makes you lose some pounds. Examples of what women might take fancy on are BASE jumping, body boarding and cliff jumping; adding to these are rock climbing, hang gliding and kite surfing.
- Surgery: Going under the knife is what interests other women, most especially the moneyed lot. It pays to maintain a slender body and a trim waistline. But fats may slowly inch their way back into places where they have migrated from after a few months if eating excessively is not avoided.
- Diet: There are various diets that can be used to attain the ideal weight. Diet patterned to a specific exercise regimen is just what is needed for this purpose. Dieting without the benefit of exercise creates loose muscles on different parts of the body and the belly is not an exemption.
Checking on your determination level
As to whatever measure you may want to use, everything depends on you. It only needs a little checking on your level of determination to ensure that you can carry on your goal. Shedding off some pounds is not only done for a few months; it is a continuous process. Therefore, if you are just a flash in the pan, you may think of it as you have aimed for the moon.
Maybe, it’s all about sheer determination and passion towards what you are looking forward to achieve that can provide the best motivation. Now, what is there to expect? Only good results can come if the processes are done correctly and rules are met.
Building muscles in place of fats is the best thing that can happen to you rather than sulking around, crying over your lost figure and further getting scared of excess weight you have amassed!